Tenants home insurance

Your rent covers building insurance. We have insured your home against:

  • Fire
  • Lightening
  • Explosions
  • Aircraft
  • Riot and public disturbances (including strikes)
  • Malicious damage by political organisations

We're also insured to cover tenants claims for damage we may have caused to their property, for example through faulty repairs.

If we have damaged your property you must make your claim with your housing officer as soon as possible. We need to inspect any damaged goods within seven days of getting your claim.

What to do if a leek has caused damage to another property

Where a leak has occurred on a leasehold flat causing structural damage to the property below, the proprietors of the damaged property should call us on 020 7926 6000


Contents insurance

Deciding to insure your belongings is up to you, but insuring your belongings can save a lot of money if they are stolen or damaged. We have worked with Farr insurance to design a Contents insurance policy for our tenants and homeowners.

Insuring your contents

Arthur J Gallagher provide low cost home contents insurance designed specifically for tenants and leaseholders of Lambeth Council.

To arrange an insurance policy with Arthur K. Gallagher insurance:

Call: 0800 612 2334

How you can pay

Payment methods are easy and flexible - annually by cheque, postal order or credit card; monthly by Direct Debit or cash; or fortnightly by cash at a post office. All cash payments are made by swipe card via the allpay.net network.

Property insured

The policy provices cover for loss or damage to household goods, personal effects and clothing belonging to you or your family who permanently live with you while you at your home.

Chat Live now!

Live Support

We are currently closed, please try again during our opening hours.